Hybrid Solar Power System
A hybrid solar system generates power in the same way as a traditional grid-feed solar system but also uses batteries to store energy for later use. In addition the batteries and inverters in hybrid systems can operate as a backup power supply (UPS) during a blackout.
Solar Hybrid Advantages
- Stores & saves solar or cheaper off-peak energy.
- Allows use of solar energy during peak times (self-use or load-shifting)
- Power available during a grid outage or blackout –UPS
- Enables advanced energy management (ie. peak shaving)
- Enables energy independence
- Reduces power consumption